Sixteen Years in Three Hours
In our most ambitious project yet, we spent 5 months and compiled a feature-length documentary that tells the story of the formation and first 16 years of the Keith and Debra Ellis family.
What resulted was a powerful film that allowed the Ellis family and friends to watch their three children go through 16 years of crawling, walking, talking, dancing, and many trips flash by in three hours.
It’s our hope that the kids find it a powerful tool to preserve their childhood memories and share it with their own kids in later years.
- 20,000 + Digital Photos
- 300 printed photos
- 60 + hours of home video on VHS, Hi8, MiniDV, and Hard Drive
- 2.5 hours of original interview footage
What we produced:
- 10 copies of the final film on DVD
- Original packaging design
- Hard drive containing all the videos and photos, organized by year.
- 5 DVDs of intermediate edits, with 30 minute edits for each year.
This project was quite an education in compiling and working with such large projects. The source media alone occupied 500GB of disk space.